Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Don Loyd on Success In Real Estate Investing.

Real estate investing can be a very fulfilling life. It can also be a real discouragement, too. It depends on how you view it and how you react to market conditions and other difficult challenges. The difference often comes down to how you handle mistakes you've made.

Before I go further let me assure you I have made my share of blunders. At one time or another I have done almost every thing wrong there is to do wrong. I think I may have uncovered most of the things in the "not to do" side of the ledger. But the result of "just doing it," has earned me a good living and a very nice lifestyle.

I've learned many valuable lessons on my journey. I wouldn't be successful today if I had not persevered in spite of the obstacles. I've learned new ways of doing things and acquired new strategies. If you want to success as a real estate investor there are five things I want you to do.

One: Take Responsibility for Your Own Results. No one has the interest in your success as you should have. You have the ability to create the kind of life you want. God gave you all the tools you need to enjoy a satisfying, contented life. You are free to dream and realize your dreams. You may have to change your mindset. You may have to change your actions. You may have to change your behavior. But, whatever it takes, its up to you.

That kind of thinking is not embraced by the majority. Our culture is one of blaming others for our failures. That attitude will get you absolutely nowhere. You won't achieve any level of success if you play that card. I promise you.

You can read books, attend seminars and be involved in any activity you choose, but it you don't take personal responsibility for your actions and success, you won't enjoy living with success. You'll always want to return to your former way of life. If you need to complete a transaction in order for you to buy a new house or new car (or take a vacation or anything else), don't wait for someone else to give you permission to do it or do it for you. If you don't like where you live, take personal responsibility and earn enough money to move. Remember this: You decide what the future has in store for you.

Two: Play by Your Rules When you launch out as a real estate investor you'll find that everyone is an expert and everyone has an option. My advice is to ignore the advice from someone who has never done it. Find a mentor who has been successful in their on their own and have them show you how to successfully invest. Would you rather listen to Donald Trump or your hairdresser? Who do you think will help you create wealth faster and give profitable advice?

Most people mean well, they just don't know what they're talking about when it comes to specialized real estate investment knowledge. Then there are others who don't want you to succeed. They want you to stay the way you are because they feel comfortable with you like you are. If you change, they fear they will lose the closeness they now enjoy. And, they may be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment